It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What causes a URI is not hierarchical error when starting Jazz Team Server 6.0 on Windows?

Ann Griffiths (144) | asked Aug 05 '15, 2:19 p.m.
edited Aug 06 '15, 2:18 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I have an RTC 6.0 Jazz Team Server running on a Windows Server 2008 system. We have a custom server plugin that is installed on that server. When that plugin is installed, the server does not start properly. The same plugin works fine on an RTC 6.0 JTS on Linux and it works fine on Windows on previous versions of RTC. The error I'm getting is 
Exception in thread "Launch callback handler" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
: URI is not hierarchical
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:374)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.fixupRela
tiveFileUrl(ProvisionService.java:197)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.connect(P
rovisionService.java:245)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFr
omProfileProperties(ProvisionService.java:994)
omProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1058)
Aug 3, 2015 3:14:24 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deployment of web application archive C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_
6.0Take2\server\tomcat\webapps\ccm.war has finished in 119,657 ms
omProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1194)
omProfile(ProvisionService.java:1131)
omContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1213)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:767)

The provision profile being used for the custom plugin contains the following:
url=file:C:\\Users\\IBM_ADMIN\\IBM\\SPoRTRTC_3\\Server
featureid=com.ibm.sport.rtc.retain.service.feature

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 06 '15, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The provision profile is completely wrong. You don't put in an absolute path for a ton of reasons and it points to the wrong location as well.

If you closely follow the Rational Team Concert Extensions Workshop you will notice the provision profile looks like.

url=file:ccm/sites/js_user_role_condition_provider
featureid=com.ibm.js.team.workitem.attribute.user.role.condition.providers.feature

Where ccm is the context root of this specific ccm application. You should always deploy in the sites folder and in there have your own folder with the extension.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Aug 06 '15, 4:10 p.m.

Why not have absolute path ?  I can think of good reasons to do so, not the least of which is ease of maintenance.  Not every outfit has 1 application installed on 1 machine/lpar/vm. 

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 06 '15, 4:21 p.m. | edited Aug 06 '15, 4:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't see the ease of maintenance in having an absolute path, really (assuming it would even work). Especially if it points to the wrong folder. I don't think it makes sense to discuss it either. 

I know it works the way the worshop does it. I don't know an absolute path works. A relative path allows to use the same deployment anywhere - enven on Linux where the drive letter does not matter. You just change the context root, if yours is different.

I believe that is what is the cause of the error. If you get it to work with the right absolute path, fine. But the path above won't work as far as I can tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.