It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I generate a build report displaying all files utilized?

Bradley Lahr (62812) | asked Aug 05 '15, 11:42 a.m.
Utilizing RTC SCM and integrated builds I need to generate a build report.

After a build completes, I need to generate a report which displays a listing of all files that were utilized.   This should show the unique versions of each file.

How do I generate a build report displaying all files utilized?

2 answers

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Aug 06 '15, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can generate the change log by using the 'generateChangeLog' ANT. Refer to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#ChangeLog for more details.

Thanks,
Kishore

Comments
Bradley Lahr commented Aug 07 '15, 3:57 p.m.

Thanks, but this is not exactly what I was hoping for.   I need something that would display the unique identifier for every file utilized within the build.  

How do I generate a report that would show the Timestamp, and Version ID of every file?

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 10 '15, 12:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 10 '15, 12:37 a.m.
You can also use the scm command line to generate this report :
scm -u y compare snapshot <snapshot1_name_or_uuid> snapshot <snapshot2_name_or_uuid> -I f -S d.

I believe the -S only works in conjunction with -I s because the date is shown for change sets and not for files (but I might be wrong). If that is the case then use both the args: -I sf
The above command output may not show version id but it shows file item id and state id which is represents an unique combination.

If you want the version id, then you have to run the compare command with -I s which list the change sets. After that you need to loop over each change set and run the following command to display the changes and its version id:
scm list changes <changeset_uuid> -i

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.