It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case import from from excel to RQM not in sequence!

Ashwath G (6623650) | asked Aug 05 '15, 6:43 a.m.
Hello,

While importing test cases to rqm , is creation of test cases will be in same sequence order as in excel rows or randomly get created.

Example if i am exporting test cases TC-1 ....TC-10 from excel ....in RQM it get created randomly like TC1 is with unique id 200 for TC2 it is 2003 and TC7 is 2002.....etc

So Whether import of test cases created as same order as like excel in sequence or random.

I have tested some scenarios where it created in sequence. But My team has found not in sequence.

How actually it works and is there any work around to get those in sequence same as excel.

Thank You...!

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Aug 05 '15, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ashwath,

Currently we are not maintaining any order of export for a particular type of artifact. We do maintain the hierarchy order like first all TestScripts get exported and then all TestCases get exported but internally within each artifact, sequence is not maintained. Also there is no workaround present to fix the sequence.

Comments
Ashwath G commented Aug 05 '15, 8:06 a.m.

Thanks Reshma for the inputs.

Bhawna Gupta commented Aug 07 '15, 7:46 a.m. | edited Sep 05 '15, 12:06 a.m.

Hi Ashwath,

I guess you have been able to successfully able to import the test cases in to rqm. Will you be able to help me get a .cfg file if I share a format with you. have been trying hard... but something or the other goes wrong.

Let me know if i can share the format.

Thanks in advance

Bhawna

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.