It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link RQM Test Case with the defect raised in RTC using REST APIs

Uday Bhosale (1348) | asked Aug 03 '15, 6:04 a.m.
I am wondering how to Link RQM Test Case with the defect raised in RTC using REST APIs. 
As per my understanding, if I need to link the Test case with the RTC defect then I need to user use com.ibm.rqm.planning.VersionedTestCase(i.e. Versioned test case) for it. 

Is there any way to created versionedTestCase for a test case using REST API? If yes then what could be the REST API to create versioned test case for my existing RQM test case?

Any help is highly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Uday Bhosale (1348) | answered Aug 04 '15, 12:25 a.m.
edited Aug 04 '15, 3:52 a.m.
 Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. 

So the next question arises in my mind is if I link the defect with the  TCER(I dont know how to do this) then will the test case will be linked with the defect in RTC as well? 

Please tell me how to link defect with TC Executino Record or execution result using REST API? 

We are working on an application with is using RTC as defect management tool and communication has to be done using REST API calls. So I need to perform the following scenario which we do in RTC but using REST APIs - 
1. Create Test case in RQM
2. Create Defect in RTC
3 In RTC on link tab Add Link to "Affected By Defect" and select the test case from RQM.
4. It will add the link of Test case in RTC defect as well as RTC defect link will be added to the RQM Test case. 

Till now I have done the first two steps using REST APIs. Also I am able to create Execution record in RQM(but without Defect link).

If you know how to do this then please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Aug 03 '15, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 03 '15, 10:05 a.m.
 Hi Uday, A Test Case is just a template which holds "What am I going to test?".
Test case execution records are used to specify the execution environments for a specific instance of a test case, to run a test case instance, and to track the status of each test run.

The TCER thus generated is augmented with other data such as "defect" which draws a clear picture of what failed in the test? Where do I find details of what failed?

Now, coming to the how part of your question.. 
How to create TCER for Test Case using REST Call should help.. Do let me know if you have any questions..

Best Regards
Sunil

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Aug 03 '15, 4:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Actually the Defect is attached to the Results not the TCER unless it is considered a blocking defect of the TCER.  The Results hang off the TCER and there can be more than one.

Uday Bhosale commented Aug 05 '15, 2:49 a.m.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. 
Can you please help me more on Linking Defect with Execution result using REST API?
I tried few things around but nothing has worked. I know how to create execution result using REST API but don't know how to link defect with that. 

Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.