It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to pass authentication automatically when using CLI to associate a change set to a workitem in another repository?

Chong Yuan Yin (7612) | asked Aug 03 '15, 5:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Both of the changeset and workitem repositories are 5.0.2.

My observation is that if trying to associate workitem with changeset cross-repository, I need to pass authentication first in RTC client (Related Artifacts->Associate Change Request), then using "scm add workitem" command. Otherwise, it reports unauthorized error.

My question is: how can I pass the authentication automatically? My understanding is that CLI should have the mechanism of passing authentication as it supports cross-repository workitem association, but it seems not. Is this a defect? Is there any workaround? For example, script/java code to help pass the authentication.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Nancy Coelho (371) | answered Aug 03 '15, 5:59 p.m.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_jazz_single_sign_on.html&scope=null
Is this online help answer your question?

Comments
Chong Yuan Yin commented Aug 03 '15, 11:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The online help link seems require configuration on server side? I don't have administration privilege on server side, is there any sample code I can use to embed into my application so it can handle the authentication issue without interference on server side?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.