It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a query be copied from one RTC 4.0.5 instance to another?

Roger Boester (656) | asked Jul 31 '15, 10:57 a.m.
Is there a way to copy a query, not the results, between instances of RTC?  Is it possible to export/import queries?

2 answers

permanent link
Shuhichi Saitoh (20059) | answered Aug 03 '15, 3:21 a.m.
edited Aug 03 '15, 3:23 a.m.
Hi,

To copy queries what I did in my past is,
  • Launch RTC Eclipse client and open Process Configuration editor
  • Add a query as "Predefined Query"  ( Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Item > Predefined Query, click Add button and select the query)
  • See Process Configuration Source and copy the XML representation of the query, such like
            <query description="...." id="com.ibm.team.workitem.queries.predefined.openCreated" name="Open Created by me">
            </query>
  • Paste the XML query source into the Process Configuration source of the another project area and save
  • Now you see the query in the Predefined Query on the other project area, so you can use it or copy and save as another (non predefined) query.

Hope this helps.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 03 '15, 5:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This relies on the fact that the target project areas has the attributes and their values the display names that are in the query.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 02 '15, 9:34 p.m.
Hi, Roger

No, you cannot export and import query or copy a query.
See the discussions in this post:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/166769/rtc-is-it-possible-to-exportimport-query-definitions-from-one-pa-to-another

Regarding copy a query, the below RFE is quite popular and you can vote for it as well:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=37198

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.