It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best Practice for re-using Test suite in different Test plans??

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Jul 31 '15, 7:42 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '15, 7:50 a.m.
Hi,

I want to know in what all scenarios,we can re-use test suites in different test plans.

Lets take a sample scenario:

I have created a Test plan (Test Plan A ) and added the test cases in test cases section,which are planned to execute in this plan.As i want to run these test cases sequentially, I have added them in a test suite and executed the suite, Which is successfully executed with a result.

Now, In my next Test plan (Test Plan B ) i want to run the same automated test cases . Can i add only test suite in the section and execute the test suite? If i do this, When i browse test cases and filter by test plan (Test Plan B ). I cannot list the test cases

(Or)

Should i add test cases in plan , create a new test suite and add the same test cases in the suite,every time when i want to use the test cases in different plans?

What is the best practice in this scenario?

Advice on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Hareesh.

One answer

permanent link
Chad Meadows (31) | answered Jul 31 '15, 8:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can re-use the test suite in another plan, but you will need to also add the same test cases to that plan.
So you will then have 2 plans which use the same suite and same test cases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.