It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unresponsive Script warning on attempt to create a WI in RTC 5.0.2

Javaria Hameed (403547) | asked Jul 30 '15, 5:45 a.m.
edited Jul 30 '15, 6:10 a.m.
Hi,

While trying to create a WI in RTC 5.0.2, I came across an "Unresponsive Script" warning:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://rcclm.royalcyber.net:9…L=%2Fccm&ss=GxenG&locale=en-us:879

And this warning has three options/buttons: Continue Debug Script Stop Script

When I click Continue, the WI creation page loads successfully. On Debug Script, Fire Bug opens and points to certain line of code. On Stop Script, the page doesn't load at all.

The same error/warning is seen on Plans page also.

I am using FireFox browser.

Any idea/help would be much appreciated.

- Javaria

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '15, 6:00 a.m. | edited Jul 30 '15, 6:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What kind of help are you looking for? this looks like it might be custom script or a http filtered value provider because of the URL:  "https://rcclm.royalcyber.net" I would not expect such a URL in the web UI at all.

This could also be a timeout issue. I think the script timeouts are defined in the browsers.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jul 30 '15, 6:02 a.m.

Hi Javairia,
It is quite possible that this is caused by any modifications in process template. Did you add any custom attributes to this workitem recently? Or performed any additional changes?
How does it work in IE and in Chrome?

Javaria Hameed commented Jul 30 '15, 6:08 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Yes, we do have custom attributes implemented for the WI. I didnt check in IE but this warning is not appearing in Chrome. I have up-to-date Firefox.

thanks.

Javaria Hameed commented Jul 30 '15, 6:09 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

The help I am requesting here to get a solution or workaround to this warning.

thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '15, 7:21 a.m.
Please see this support waring: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21963250&myns=swgrat&mynp=OCSSCP65&mync=E&cm_sp=swgrat-_-OCSSCP65-_-E

Comments
Javaria Hameed commented Jul 31 '15, 6:14 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

My team still facing the script warning and below is the scenario they are following:

User created a work item type ‘Issue’ and on the plans view ‘Work Breakdown and Schedule’ made use of the Gantt chart to drag the effort estimate bar which somehow gave a huge value for estimate. Out of the box, the estimate field is not visible on ‘Issue’ work item. And after debugging, it clearly shows that the reason for getting that script error on loading a plan is due to this estimate value.

How can we remove this estimate value in order to fix this issue?

Thanks
- Javaria

Javaria Hameed commented Jul 31 '15, 6:15 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

My team still facing the script warning and below is the scenario they are following:

User created a work item type ‘Issue’ and on the plans view ‘Work Breakdown and Schedule’ made use of the Gantt chart to drag the effort estimate bar which somehow gave a huge value for estimate. Out of the box, the estimate field is not visible on ‘Issue’ work item. And after debugging, it clearly shows that the reason for getting that script error on loading a plan is due to this estimate value.

How can we remove this estimate value in order to fix this issue?

Thanks
- Javaria

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '15, 6:20 a.m.

You can try to show the estimate as a column in the plan and then change it in that column on the work item.
If this does not work, change the type of the item to something that shows the attribute. You should export the work item first or do screen shots e.g. to know what state it was in. Then change the estimate to 0 and change the type back to what it was.

Background, work items that have attributes don't loose them if the type changes to something that does have the attribute. I have, in some versions, seen that you could change attributes in plans that should not be available - stroy points on Epics. That was a bug.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '15, 6:29 a.m.
edited Jul 30 '15, 6:31 a.m.
If this only happens in Firefox ( I would expect it to happen in IE even more) and not in Chrome it is related to the browser script performance and timeouts. You can insert ?debug=true into the URL i.e. https://localhost:7443/jazz/web/projects/TestProject1?debug=true#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard to have the scripts expanded and then try to identify the script that causes it.

The URL is obviously your company URL and not something trying to call. But it is likely an attribute customization. Check with the project admins.

Comments
Javaria Hameed commented Jul 30 '15, 6:34 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '15, 6:43 a.m.

Javaria, we would still be interested in the cause if you can find it. I don't think until then, this should be accepted.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.