It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to edit JRS Reports created by someone else

Pooja Biwalkar (481724) | asked Jul 29 '15, 3:25 p.m.
 Hi,

I have a problem where I am not able to edit a Jazz Reporting Service Report created by someone else.I am just able to view the report.But if I have an Admin role at the server level(upper most level) then you can view and EDIT any of the reports created by someone else as well. 

Is there a workaround if we can EDIT a JRS report created by another user even if we don't have the Admin Role.We don't want to give an ADMIN role to everyone but still they should be able to modify the reports.

Thanks.  

One answer

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Jul 29 '15, 3:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,

Edit rights to a report is restricted to either the report owner or to someone who is designated a Report Manager on the Admin page.  I agree it would be beneficial to have finer grain access control or be able to reassign an owner of a report to someone else.  These are things we're considering for a future release.

In the meantime, the best work-around I can provide is to use the "Duplicate" functionality that is available from either the "Use" page in the actions menu or in the top right hand corner when you run a report.

Hope that helps,

-Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.