It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 502 objects not picked up in work item package.

Melissa Weaver (621215) | asked Jul 29 '15, 2:51 p.m.
edited Aug 25 '15, 4:22 p.m.
 I added a new QLNKSRC member for a new *PGM for the  IBM i dependency build.   Manually added the dependencies to the source data.  the build and the promotion both pick up the *PGM and generate the *PGM object correctly.   so the build map looks correct.  changes all linked to a work item.  However when I do a package for that work item -  the *Module is included but not the *PGM.  
IBM i V7R2,   RTC  V5.02   

Comments
Melissa Weaver commented Aug 25 '15, 4:23 p.m.

Tested this in RTC 6.0 and it appears to be an issue in that release also. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Aug 28 '15, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After a closer look, it appears there is a bug here. Fixing in defect 367061
Melissa Weaver selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered Aug 27 '15, 5:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Melissa,

I tried to reproduce your scenario.  But the packaging worked for me; here is what I did:
  1. Added MLGRPTC.PGM to my project and built the project. 
  2. Then delivered a change to MLGRPTC.CLLE using a work item (8).
  3. Built the project and verified MLGRPTC.MODULE and MLGRPTC.PGM were created in the output library.
  4. Packaged the work item having selected the "Include Impacted Outputs" check box.  Both objects were packaged. 
    Notice that the PGM object was included in the packaging invocation dialog; does it show up in your case?

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered Aug 26 '15, 3:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Melissa,

How was the package invoked? was the "Include Impacted Outputs" check box selected?

You stated that dependencies had been manually added to the source code data.  There is no need to add the dependencies manually; the mail list sample application includes PGM and SRVPGM objects.

See also the "link-edit" section in https://jazz.net/library/article/1095.

Comments
Melissa Weaver commented Aug 26 '15, 5:04 p.m.

Thank you for the response.  I created a new PGM  MLGRPTC to call the  MLGRPTC  CLP program.  Set up the QLNKSRC.   delivered, promoted and packaged everything.  Then I made an additional change to the MLGRPTC  CLP.  Ran a  build and promote that both picked up the CLP as well as the PGM.   When I created a package for that work item , only the CLP was included.  the *PGM does not get updated as I would have expected.   I checked the include dependent objects.  

I checked the translator per the article, and it has the inspect object....    checked.  

Sean Babineau commented Aug 27 '15, 2:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Melissa, 

It's curious that you're build is picking up the MLGRPTC PGM but the packaging is not. Is there any chance you've set the packaging definition (or request) with an exclude filter which would omit the MLGRPTC PGM? 

Melissa Weaver commented Aug 27 '15, 6:43 p.m.

There is no exclude that I know of.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.