It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight evaluation evaluation deployment

Leire Torres (36721) | asked Jul 28 '15, 11:39 a.m.
  Question about deploying a small-scale deployment of Rational Insight for evaluation purposes. 

I want to: 
 1) Extract DOORS (used version 9.5.2) data to generate reports using Insight (used version 1.1.1.7).
 2) Publish the generated reports in RQM.

Following the IBM Rational Insight V1.1.1.7 documentation I managed to deploy the evaluation scenario using the Rational Reporting setup wizard without errors. 

Then I started following the steps described in the chapter Integrating Rational DOORS and Rational Insight. I used the XML Data Configuration tool to create a .xdc file that uses DOORS REST API to extract data drom DOORS and I am able to extract the data from DOORS successfully. 

Problems arise when I try to prepare the IBM Cognos Data Manager Catalog. I follow the steps described in http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/nl/en-us/SSYQBZ_9.5.2/com.ibm.rational.doors.integrating.doc/topics/t_prep_cognos_dm_catalog.html but when I select Cognos Data Source - RIDW - RIDW - rptuser I get the following error:

I read that the solution to this problem is to delete csk, encryptkeypair and signkeypair folders from <InsightDir>/cognos/configuration and run the setup again. But if I do that, I get another error and the server is no longer executable:

Does anybody know what could be wrong in my approach?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 28 '15, 11:53 a.m.
Hello Leire,

you might want to try this procedure to regenerate the crypto keys:

How to Regenerate Cryptographic Keys
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21383421

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Leire Torres commented Jul 29 '15, 3:00 a.m.

Thanks Francesco, 

That's the solution I mentioned in the previous post. Despite that, I've tried it again but the same error is still there. (Error Snapshot)

Do you have any other proposal?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.