It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add new followup action to the save WI operation

Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | asked Jul 15 '09, 1:43 p.m.
Hi,

In the process of customizing scrum process, I have to add a followup action whenever the WI is saved, how do I add new follow up action and what is the specific extension for the save WI operations. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sany

6 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jul 15 '09, 5:08 p.m.
There are some step you have to do before you can add your follow-up action to your process configuration.

1) Set-up your environment to develop plugin using https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup (follow the "Running as Eclipse plugin" section)
2) Create a Plug-in project using RTC Eclipse client with PDE extension. Configure it as seen before
3) add an extension to the extension point com.ibm.team.process.client.operationPartecipants (as you are developing a client side plugin) or com.ibm.team.process.service.operationPartecipants (as you are developing a server side plugin)
4) configure the extension to point at the operation you have choosed (in your case the operation id will be com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave). Take reference to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation
5) use the wizard to create the class for your extension. If you are developing a server plugin it has to extend AbstractService class.
6) develop your follow-up action
7)Run your plug-in as an Eclipse Application,if it's client side, or if it's server side, create a new server launch configuration using https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzServerRunAndDebug ("Getting start quickly" section is enough to run a server)
8) Go to process configuration on your project area and you can find your new follow-up in the list of the possible follow-up.

I hope this can help you. I've worked a lot to run my first follow-up.

permanent link
Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | answered Jul 18 '09, 2:26 p.m.
Thanks Michele Pegoraro. I will try these steps and post my results. Thanks for your time.

permanent link
Antonio Matarrese (66118) | answered Sep 06 '09, 5:45 p.m.
Where i can find the list of operation id?
For example, i have need the operation id when a work item is opened and when is closed.
Where i can find out this information?

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Sep 07 '09, 4:50 a.m.
Hi,
if you open your project area and go on Process Configuration Source tab, go under behaviour or permission section and then you can use crtl+space to get help. if you open an "<operation" tag then on id property you can have the list of all the operation ids using crtl+space.

permanent link
Antonio Matarrese (66118) | answered Sep 07 '09, 7:19 a.m.
Hi,
if you open your project area and go on Process Configuration Source tab, go under behaviour or permission section and then you can use crtl+space to get help. if you open an "<operation" tag then on id property you can have the list of all the operation ids using crtl+space.

i don't understand where is this Process Configuration Source tab.
If i dont' find it, you know where is the extension point for override the action when a work items is opened and when is closed in the RTC client?

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Sep 07 '09, 10:17 a.m.
I don't undestand what is this option. Maybe you are referring to change state and action of a workflow. In this case you can define it directly from Process Configuration and don't need operationId.

Anyway both Process Configuration and Process Configuration Source can be retrieved opening the Project Area with right click->Open... command. You can take a look on this article: http://jazz.net/library/article/129

Regards,
Michele.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.