It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get full list of baselines using scm?

Surender Biyyala (403548) | asked Jul 24 '15, 12:11 p.m.
 Hi ,

I`m trying to list  baselines for a component in the stream using scm command.
but the command is returning the result partially. i.e., it is not giving the full list.

when tried checking it in eclipse I`m getting full list . is there any way to get full list?

Thanks,
Surender

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 24 '15, 8:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you looking for all baselines for the component, or the history of the baselines for that component for that stream?
Those are two very different lists ... in particular the history of the baselines for a component in a stream is just the subset of the baselines that have been added to that stream (and can contain duplicates, because of the "replace" operation).
It sounds like you are looking for the former, i.e. all baselines for the component.   In that case, no workspace/stream should be specified in the "scm list baselines" command.   It might be worthwhile to paste the scm command you have been using, so we can verify which form you are using.
Surender Biyyala selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Jul 27 '15, 4:28 a.m.

Hi Clemm 

below is the command I`m using 

lscm --show-uuid y list baselines -r myrepo -w mystream -m 2000 -C component.

My requirement is to get all the baselines for that component and compare them baselines to know the change sets specific to each and every baseline.

Thanks,
Surender

Surender Biyyala commented Jul 27 '15, 4:52 a.m.

Thanks Clemm,

I used the following command and got what i want 

scm list baselines -r repo -u uname -P pwd -C component.

I just wanted to know what difference it will make if I specify the stream in the command.

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 24 '15, 1:15 p.m.
There is a flag for maximum results:

-m, --max <arg> The number of baselines to list.

Set -m to a "large" number ( e.g. 100, 1000 )

That is available to all the scm list operations.

The full documentation of SCM command is available in each Knowledge Center
e.g. 6.0.0  or 5.0.2

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Jul 24 '15, 1:26 p.m.

Thanks Ramer  for the response.

I did used this option earlier but no luck. 

when you right click on the component and select show baselines in eclipse it will give you only few baselines and sometimes duplicate`s also and now you have an option "show all in repository" which will get us full list.

using the command is returning the same list of baselines as i mentioned in the first step above.

Thanks,
Surender

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.