It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to check for what applications there are fixes for given ifix?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | asked Jul 24 '15, 2:49 a.m.
I have distributed topology. I am planning to install ifix on top of 6.0. How can I check which applications contain the fixes in given ifix?

2 answers

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412873) | answered Oct 31 '17, 10:19 a.m.

First of all ifix should be applied considering all applications in the CLM.

Once you apply the fix you will come to see different fix versions on different applications. Like you have applied ifix 004 for CLM 6.0.4
While navigating to JTS you will find ifix version 001 (Because there is nothing related to JTS in fix 2,3,4)
While navigating to CCM you will find ifix version 003 (Because there is nothing related to CCM in fix 4)
While navigating to QM you will find ifix version 004 (Because that fix contains changes for QM)
etc.

Hope so you got the answer.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jul 24 '15, 3:29 a.m.
The readme file attached to ifix contains the list of APARs fixed in given ifix. It contains also the information forwhich application given APAR has been fixed.

Comments
Cliff Sadler commented Oct 25 '17, 11:57 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '17, 5:11 p.m.

I would think it would be easy enough, and very useful to summarize which apps are being affected with a given iFix level as part of the readme file.  I have patched 6.0.4 to level 004, however my JTS and JAZZ (CCM) apps remain at iFix level 002.  I don't know if I have a problem or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.