It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to give inputs to a bar chart in report studio manually like in PowerPoint

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Jul 23 '15, 12:31 a.m.
edited Jul 23 '15, 12:33 a.m.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, Is it possible to give inputs to the graph before running the report. Data will be entered manually for graph as we do in Microsoft PowerPoint. In PowerPoint, we can give the inputs with series of values and it displays the values accordingly in bar chart. Is this possible in report studio?

Help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hareesh.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Mulligan (1761321) | answered Jul 23 '15, 10:24 a.m.
I don't have any reference reports, as I don't normally just enter values.  What is not working for you?  The prompt values specified will go into the Query for the prompt.   Those values in the Query could then added as one of the axis in the graph, but they will just be static values. 

Normally I would use the values specified in the prompt to filter the query that is being used for the graph.  That way the values are related to other attributes and measures in the graph query.

Hareesh Jairaj selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Jul 29 '15, 3:07 a.m.

Hi Steve,
 I have done with this report. Text box prompt was created and the values are defined in the condition of a Data item, which is used in chart. Thank you for the suggestion given by you.

Thanks & Regards,
Hareesh

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 29 '15, 3:17 a.m. | edited Jul 29 '15, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are strongly recommended to accept the answer that has helped you.

Why?

1. Steve will gain reputation points
  2. The question will show as answered for anyone searching this knowledge base
  3. And, most important, the moderators don't have to do this work

Please see: FAQ - How this Forum works

Thank you.

One other answer

permanent link
Steve Mulligan (1761321) | answered Jul 23 '15, 8:35 a.m.
You can use a prompt to enter values, which can then be used in the graph.  Either a Value prompt for specific values, or a Text prompt for values that may be different each time.  Set the prompt to Multi-Select to be able to enter multiple values.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 23 '15, 9:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, wrong question....

Hareesh Jairaj commented Jul 23 '15, 10:03 a.m.

Hi steve,

Thankyou for the answer. I tried to do the same , can you suggest me any reference to work on this requirement. 

Thanks in advance, 
Hareesh.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.