It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I downgrade from RTC 6.0 to 4.0.5 by re-deploying the apps in WAS?

Jack Smith (1323) | asked Jul 22 '15, 3:27 a.m.
 Can I downgrade from RTC 6.0 to 4.0.5 by re-deploying the apps in WAS?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 22 '15, 4:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 22 '15, 4:03 a.m.
I don't think you can downgrade at all. I think the only way to go back is to restore the last backup that you did before upgrading.

The reason being that the database design changed over time and the database schema gets updated. An older version would not be able to work with a newer schema. Another reason is that the data (process and live data such as work items and SCM) might have been converted to the needs of the newer versions requirements and formats. This is done in on- and offline migration processes.

I am also not convinced that you can use the repotools -export command to export the database to a tar file and then import that in an older version. This would be the only chance at all, but I don't think this is something that has been a design objective or tested. You could try, but I would expect this to fail with a version mismatch.
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 22 '15, 3:28 a.m.
edited Jul 22 '15, 3:32 a.m.
No, You need to follow the instruction for the backup and restore for application and database. 

See the online help page Backing up and restoring Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management applications. 

http://ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/t_jfs_backup.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.