It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export folders and artifacts from a DOORS installation and import into another ?

Narayanan Potti (27037379) | asked Jul 21 '15, 5:11 p.m.
Hello DOORS experts

I have a "production" CLM 5.0.2 instance running on WAS 8.5.5.3 and Oracle 11.2 database. A separate sandbox CLM 5.0.2 instance is running on Apache Tomcat and Derby database.

Prod instance in DOORS NG has a project with nearly 100 requirement artifacts which are organized in folders. I want to create the same folder structure and all the artifacts in test instance.

I want to know if it is possible to export from Prod and import them into ta project in test instance. It'll save a lot of time having to manually create all the folders and requirement artifacts. I exported Project Template in Prod under Manage Project Properties, Templates, Project templates and imported it into Test instance and  it did not bring in the artifacts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
NP

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jul 22 '15, 10:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Another option would be to use a ReqIF file.  You can select the artifacts you want to include in a ReqIF file, and it can keep the folder of that the artifacts are contained in.  In the target project you can then do an import of the ReqIF file.
I hope this helps.
Narayanan Potti selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Jul 22 '15, 10:35 a.m.

Thanks for your help. In DOORS Prod I exported process template and included artifacts and artifact templates.  Template was exported as .archive format. In DOORS sandbox env I had to first create a dummy project where the template is imported. Once the template is imported I created another project in sandbox. All the folders and the artifacts appeared in the new project.

2 other answers

permanent link
Angela Borchard (701220) | answered Oct 04 '17, 6:57 a.m.

Hi Narayanan,

As Donald mentioned this is possible to export the project containing the required data.

The instructions are detailed here:

https://www.techrev.com/blog/dng-template/

I have also confirmed that this does export all the artifact types, artifacts, folders, views etc.

Regards,
-Angela

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 22 '15, 6:14 a.m.
Using project templates should be the right way.

After you imported the project template into the Test environment, did you create a project area based on that template? If you cannot see artifacts in the new project area, double-check that "Artifacts" and "Folder Structure" are checked for the template. If they're not checked, create the project template again in the Production environment and make sure that all options are checked.

P.S. I have verified this method and it works for me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.