It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Avoiding "Name collisions" when trying to 'load' new repository

Jonathan Dale (1035) | asked Jul 20 '15, 4:05 p.m.
I have an existing reposittory, which I use all the time.
I move to a nbew, clean machine.
I install RTC 4, create the repository, and try to 'load' it.
I get error because different components contain similar files in their individual sub-directories, ie.
tm1clients
   -  build
   -  proc
tm1server
   - build
   - proc

This loads fine on my existing machine, but on a "new" machine it will not load because of "Name collision" errors:
     Name collisions: 'tm1clients/build', 'tm1common/build', 'tm1server/build', 'tm1web/build'

How do I get this loaded?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 24 '15, 10:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are many clients load (e.g., scm command line, Eclipse GUI, build engine), and many options for the load operation.   Which client and which options were you using?

2 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 21 '15, 6:49 a.m.
Hi Jonathan,

You can avoid by creating a new sandbox location for eg: using new eclipse workspace and load it or you can unload it completely and reload the sandbox .

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Jonathan Dale commented Jul 21 '15, 9:38 a.m.

No.  This was a completely new clean environment.  I had just installed the RTC rich client so there were no existing sandboxes or anything.  I had to "LOad as Eclipse project" even though this is not an Eclipse project.  I can not just "load folders", even though that is what makes sense and is what I want to do.

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jul 20 '15, 8:47 p.m.
 As all components contain "build" directory, when you load all of the components you need to create component directory on top of "build" sub-directory. If you are using "scm load" command line, you can use "--include-root" argument.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 21 '15, 2:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Either use a different load option i.e. use the load root folders of components as Eclipse project, or refactor your structure. RTC SCM due to how Eclipse works, can not load Eclipse projects with the same name into a repository workspace. And if you don't load the component as Eclipse project in your case it is not even Eclipse, it is just folders that are already there. So your component/project structure is not very well laid out. Pleas see https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 for how this should be done. (Unique project names).

Jonathan Dale commented Jul 21 '15, 9:36 a.m.

The source directories are indeed "just a bunch of folders" since they are not an Eclipse project.  Rather, we must use RTC for source control, but this is a large C++ product, and has nothing to do with Eclipse.  I can not just select folders and load, since RTC seems to be so Eclipse-centric.  I must choose the "Load as Eclipse project" (which does really make any sense as this is on an Eclipse project), which loads a bunch of folders I do not want, and then un-load these folders.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.