It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict users from delivering the scripts

Satish Narayanachar (96425) | asked Jul 15 '15, 1:26 a.m.
Hi,

I have a stream and some components in it, lets say Stream ZZZZ and component A and B inside the stream.
I have source code in comp A and scripts is comp B (Both source code and scripts are different)

As a developer I need to deliver source code with approvals(test & code) and while delivering the scripts it should ask for approvals ( test and script).
In our setup testers will be delivering the scripts, if tester tries to deliver the scrips it should ask for approvals (test and script) and if he is trying to deliver the code it should ask for ( code and test)

We have tried several methods and we failed to achieve this, hope to find some solution here.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 15 '15, 4:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can require an approval for delivering, The approver can reject if only a script or only a test is supposed to be delivered.

If you want automation so that the approver does not have to check what he approves and makes sure only to approve if everything is consistent, you would have to create a custom SCM Delivery advisor. This is not trivial, requires skills and maintenance. I would say, you require approvals, because you trust the approver to check the approval can be given.

If you want to go down the path of automation, see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ as a starting point.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.