It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible that we can use same workspace for both CLI and GUI

CIBI CHERIAN (112) | asked Jul 10 '15, 12:34 a.m.

Is it possible that we can use same workspace for both CLI and GUI for RTC scm and synchronize the results in both clients?

First I would use a folder to create a repository connection,workspace and Load it through CLI. When I launch Eclipse RTC and use the same workspace, can I get the repository connection, and workspace loaded?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 12 '15, 11:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How are you loading the repository workspace using the CLI? Do you use 'scm' or 'lscm' command? If using the 'lscm' command you need to kill the daemon process started in the background by running 'scm list daemon' and 'scm stop daemon'.

Start the Eclipse client, login to the repository, go to Preferences->Team->Jazz Source Control->Sandboxes and Add the sandbox (where you have loaded the repository workspace) to track. The Eclipse client should now show the repository workspace in the pending changes view.

Comments
CIBI CHERIAN commented Jul 13 '15, 1:11 a.m.

Hello Shashikant,

Thank you for your help.

My intention was to make the repository connection and workspace  created and loaded already for a user when he launch the eclipse for the first time. So that he can save time and effort .

I started writing a batch script with the scm cli commands to login, create and load a sandbox.
Then force the eclipse to use the same workspace.

What do you suggest?

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 13 '15, 11:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am assuming that you want someone new to the project to get started with minimum effort. I would assume that they would also want to use the 'Pending changes' view to perform source control operations.

I believe it is possible to start eclipse by pointing to a new workspace directory and also import the projects. I am not sure how to setup RTC.... probably you could write an custom app/plugin to automatically create a repository connection and connect to the appropriate project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.