It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best way to store Visio diagrams in Doors Next Generation?

Jin Feng (3114) | asked Jul 08 '15, 8:57 p.m.
edited Jul 08 '15, 9:06 p.m.
I am using Doors Next Generation 5.0.2. I am going to create some Visio diagrams for requirements and put them into Doors Next Generation. How good are Doors Next Generation 5.0.2 when handling Visio documents?

4 answers

permanent link
Philipp Waldinger (1313) | answered Nov 15 '16, 5:01 p.m.
edited Nov 15 '16, 5:03 p.m.
My experience with Visio Diagrams in Jazz RM (6.0.3):

Firefox and Chrome:
The content of Visio Diagrams is not displayed and not included in exports. Each .vso file can only be downloaded for viewing and editing.

Microsoft Internet Explorer:
The content of Visio Diagrams is displayed in the application if the artifact is opened. This is a read-only-mode, so editing is not possible. It is not not included in exports.

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Nov 15 '16, 2:12 p.m.
 There does not appear to be a good way to do this. A MAJOR flaw of DNG according to everyone I have talked to.

We still have not solved this issue.

permanent link
Bhaskar Paul (11) | answered Aug 17 '16, 3:33 a.m.
 But, the DNG editor doesn't have widgets to draw Alt, loop, parallel blocks for creating sequence diagrams.

permanent link
Taro Misaki (145317) | answered Jul 08 '15, 9:00 p.m.
edited Jul 08 '15, 9:08 p.m.
By "handling", do you mean "viewing only" or "viewing + editing"?
As far as DOORS Next Generation 5.0.2 is concerned, it can only view the Visio diagrams.
If you want to edit it within DOORS Next Generation 5.0.2, you are out of luck.
Do you need to create diagrams in Visio format?
If not, you might want to consider upgrading to DOORS Next Generation 6.0, which has a feature-rich diagram editor. The capability of the diagram editor is very comparable to Visio.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.