It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create keywords not working in CLM v5.02

Jim Spratley (2676) | asked Jul 08 '15, 1:00 p.m.
When attempting to create a keyword from within an existing script (clicking the "Create a keyword from this script" icon), the dialog box is displayed, I enter a keyword name and click OK.   I get the message "keyword created successfully", however there is no sign of it in Construction -> Browse Keywords, or in the Keyword View within another script.

When I try to create a keyword using Construction -> Create Keyword, the form doesn't seem to load correctly  --  the table of contents on the left says "loading..." and stays like that forever.   If I try to enter a name for the keyword and save, this also hangs.

Any ideas?   presumably the issues with the keyword form are related to inability to create keywords?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 08 '15, 9:56 p.m.
Hi, Jim

I have no problem in creating a keyword in v5.0.2 with the either way you mentioned hence I think this is not a common issue.
Are you seeing the problem in the project area creating from 5.0.2 template Quality Management Default Process or not?
We see similar problem when the process template was imported from lower version(such as v4.0.3) into v5.x and then created a project area from that imported template.In that case, keyword creation will not work as expected and similar symptom will be observed.

Thanks

Comments
Jim Spratley commented Jul 09 '15, 3:02 a.m.

Hi Don,
Thanks  --  yes this is exactly the scenario you described.   Is there any way to fix this as the prospect of completely redeveloping the customised template (not to mention migrating content to a new project area) is daunting.

I would have thought this a bug as many people will be in the same situation?

Don Yang commented Jul 09 '15, 3:20 a.m.

Hi, Jim

I understand your point that the the higher version of RTC should be compatible with lower version of template. You may contact Rational client support and see if this behavior can be pushed to be a defect. In most cases, it could be concluded that it is not supported. 

Other than redeveloping the customised template, the way I can think about is to install a temporary same version(same as template created version) of RTC and then import it into that repository. Try to create a new project area and make sure Keyword works properly(it could be hard to verify everything, but because keyword is the concern now, I mentioned it only). Then try to upgrade to v5.0.2 and then check again if keyword works fine. Then export the template from 5.0.2 to your current environment.

This sounds complex but it could be much quicker than redeveloping the customised template. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.