It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy values between artifacts categories

shirit Kidron (1111740) | asked Jul 08 '15, 11:05 a.m.
 Hi,

Let say I create Test Case  category 'x', Test case Result  category 'y'. Both have the same values define.
1. Can I select some Test cases  and for them,  copy the values from 'x' to 'y'?
2. Can I create Query cross artifacts?

Shirit.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 08 '15, 10:45 p.m.
edited Jul 09 '15, 12:56 a.m.
Hi, Shirit

Starting v4.0.5, you can share the value of category when defining them. For example, you create test case category 'x' and set values as A, B,C. Then you create category 'y' for TCR and when adding values, you can see A.B,C there and add them. I am not sure if this is what you have done "Both have the same values define."

1. it is not clear what copy values from 'x' to 'y' means here.
if it is during definition stage, yes, it is possible to share the values and add to multiple categories.
if it is in a specific test cases in which you have set the values and what the same values to be set automatically into Test case result(TCR), then there is no such feature yet, you will have to manually set the same values in TCR.

2. Not sure what is the intended result of this question. Given that the query is available for an artifact view only, you cannot create a query cross artifacts in my understanding: that is, using one category to filter multiple type of artifacts because the category is not shared currently. If my understanding is wrong, please advise what the intended result will be like.

You may be interested in the RFEs:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=29572

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=79254

Thanks

Comments
shirit Kidron commented Jul 12 '15, 6:19 a.m. | edited Jul 12 '15, 6:20 a.m.

Hi Don,

The meaning of copy values is the second option you mentioned: copy values for some TC's. It's related to the second question:
I will give you example:
I want to be able to filter all TC's which failed  at the last two runs and for them to be able to set a value in some category I defined for Test case artifact( Not Test case result artifact) 

Don Yang commented Jul 12 '15, 8:49 p.m.

Unfortunately I don't think that is possible. Test Case does not expose the previous execution results in test case view so you cannot filter all TCs based on last two run results. If the category is shared among the testcase and test case result, you may create a category and set the previous results in it so that the count of failed result can be shared by testcase But that is not possible currently hence by default you cannot do what you want to achieve.

If the user defines a category to count the continuous failed execution and they do remember to update the count manually in test case, then it could work to further filter the result in the subcategory you design in the hierarchy of category.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.