It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy of Testcase/Testsuite Artifact template creates duplicate section during Excel Import

AnuM C P (15714) | asked Jul 08 '15, 5:56 a.m.
 Steps to reproduce:
1.Browse to Settings>Manage Artifact Template
2.Click to create a copy of any existing Test Case template. Give it a different name and seems a different ID is as well assigned. Make this testcase/testsuite template as default.
3.Add a custom section called Remarks from the same wizard.
4.Next go to open the XLS to be imported into RQM.
4.If you have a XLS to import Testcase/testsuite, create a column with Remarks and have the following lines included in the CFG file for importing custom section content.

testcase.Section("myns:Remarks","Remarks")=H
testsuite.Section("myns:Remarks","Remarks")=H

excerpt from Wiki:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

To define a custom section, simply replace the first parameter with a valid name, and the second with a display name:

testcase.Section("myns:mysection","my custom section")=C

5.Now perform the XLS import.
6.If the import is successful, you will notice the Custom section "Remarks" already created (Step 3 above) is not updated, else a duplicate section with the same name is reflected 

RQM Version 502.

Observations:

It is evident that the XLS import is unaware of the already existing custom section , so my search is as follows:

a)Is this expected or unexpected behaviour?
b) If yes,is there any specific changes to be made to the above mentioned syntax in CFG file?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 08 '15, 6:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You may be using the wrong namespace for the section.

To determine the name/display name of predefined sections:

1. Update the predefined section of a resource in the Rational Quality Manager UI.
  2. Read the resource as XML with abbreviate=false .
  3. Locate the element in the XML document with the section name (e.g. com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseAcceptanceCriteria ).
  4. Locate the extensionDisplayName attribute in the element containing the section display name (e.g. RQM-KEY-TC-ACCEPT-CRITERIA-TITLE ).
Source: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#SectionsIds

Comments
AnuM C P commented Jul 09 '15, 5:37 a.m.

Here is my attempt to find the namespace from XML, which is empty

Also the ID as is displayed as "com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection"

<ns2:section content="" name="Remarks" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1436333522390" description="FSS_Remarks Capture" />
  <ns2:section content="" name="Reports to be verified" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1436333546373" description="FSS_Reports to be verified" />

I am missing something here. Can you help me Paul?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.