It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse Mars (Linux) & RTC5.0.2 missing icons in PendingChanges view

Tomas Kramaric (2125) | asked Jul 07 '15, 4:56 a.m.
edited Jul 08 '15, 2:50 a.m.
 I have RTC5.0.2 plugin with Eclipse Mars but there are missing icons in PendingChanges view
img

4 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 07 '15, 9:41 a.m.
Hi Tomas,

Please find the attached supported version of the eclipse clients.

1) Can you check the Stream associated with the RWS has been deleted ? if so can you add the right stream.

2) Was it working before if not can you try with the below supported eclipse clients and let us know does it works.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50#B4_Eclipse_IDE_RTC_Eclipse_Clien

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Tomas Kramaric commented Jul 08 '15, 2:51 a.m.

Working on windows but not on Linux

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jul 07 '15, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
IBM's Software Product Compatibility Reports Detailed, System Requirements for Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 only acknowledges support for the IBM Eclipse SDK (IES) client, not any clients from downloaded eclipse.org.  Here's an extract of the notes from the report:
Eclipse Runtime Environment Notes
1. The RTC Client bundles IES 3.6.2.3 or 4.2.2.1 (two installation options). You may also use the 4.2.2.1 installation to install RTC via p2 install over Eclipse 4.4 or 4.4.1.
2. The RTC Eclipse client supports IES 3.7.2.2 for Java 7 development
3. • IES 3.6.2.3 is bundled with the CLM Server and with the RTC Eclipse Client.
• The CLM Server uses the Eclipse Runtime, Equinox and EMF.
• The RTC Client bundles IES 3.6.2.3 or 4.2.2.1 (two installation options). You may also use the 4.2.2.1 installation to install RTC via p2 install over Eclipse 4.3.2.
• If you are installing the Rational Team Concert Client into an existing instance of Eclipse IDE 3.6, please read this TechNote
4. The RTC Client bundles IES 3.6.2.3 or 4.2.2.1 (two installation options). You may also use the 4.2.2.1 installation to install RTC via p2 install over Eclipse 4.4. For IBM Eclipse 4.4 SDK, there are no translations available for any new strings added in 4.4.
5. The RTC Client bundles IES 3.6.2.3 or 4.2.2.1 (two installation options). You may also use the 4.2.2.1 installation to install RTC via p2 install over Eclipse 4.3.2.

In contrast, the same section from the report for Rational Team Concert 6.0 does acknowledge support for clients downloaded from eclipse.org:
Eclipse Runtime Environment Notes
1. The RTC client bundles both IBM Eclipse SDK 3.6.2.3 and IBM Eclipse SDK 4.2.2.1 (two installation options). The CLM Server bundles IBM Eclipse SDK 3.6.2.3, and uses the Eclipse Runtime, Equinox and EMF.
2. The RTC Client bundles IES 3.6.2.3 or 4.2.2.1 (two installation options).
3. The RTC p2 Install Repository download from jazz.net may be used to install into Eclipse 4.3.2 and 4.4.x downloads from eclipse.org.

Comments
Tomas Kramaric commented Jul 08 '15, 2:51 a.m.

Working on windows but not on Linux 

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 07 '15, 9:58 p.m.
There are a couple of things you can try.
1. Use a supported version of the Eclipse, or the prepacked RTC Eclipse client to see if the same issue occurs.
2. Use another copy of the Eclipse Mars and install RTC 5.0.2 plug-in again.
It works for me if you're wondering.

Comments
Tomas Kramaric commented Jul 08 '15, 2:50 a.m.

Its working on Windows but not on Linux

Donald Nong commented Jul 20 '15, 2:28 a.m.

It works for me.

permanent link
Volodymyr Paprotski (1) | answered Aug 21 '15, 2:16 p.m.
 Did anybody ever find the solution for this problem?

Still seeing this issue (and of course I cannot upload since my 'reputation' precedes me.. and has to be >60.... fine)

Version: Mars Release (4.5.0)
Build id: 20150621-1200

Installed 5.0.2 via p2 repo.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 23 '15, 8:47 p.m.

If you check my answer, you will see that the same combination works for me on both Windows and Linux, so it may not be a product issue at all, but rather a machine specific issue. If you have not done so, I suggest you contact IBM Support and get the affected machine examined.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.