It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using ClearQuest as a Defect provider and as a task manager to RQM using OSLC Links

Daniel Torres (7610) | asked Jul 06 '15, 6:02 p.m.
edited Jul 07 '15, 5:30 p.m.
Hi there, I'm trying to configure RQM projects to use ClearQuest task and defect tracking records. So I've been getting some troubles doing that. I've already done the principals steps on configuring OSLC Links on both sides:

Using:
  • RQM 5.0.2
  • WAS 8.5.5.0
  • ClearQuest 7.1.2
  • OSLC Links 1.0
Steps as follow:

1. Applying OSLCLinks Package to Record Types (I use version 1.0 because i have clearquest 7.1.2)
  2. Checking the changes of the schema.
  3. Upgrade the user database.
  4. Setup cross-server communication between RQM and ClearQuest Web.
    • Adding as a Friend the ClearQuest Web root services on the RQM admin page.
    • Authorizing the provitional key (OAuth Consumer) on ClearQuest Web.
    • Adding as a Friend the RQM root services on the ClearQuest Web Server Friends List.
    • Authorizing the provitional key on RQM.
  5. Establishing collaboration relationship between a RQM project area and ClearQuest user database.
    • Adding project relationship on ClearQuest Web by selecting RQM Server and the Service Providers (projects).
    • Adding the association on RQM project area by selecting ClearQuest Web Server and using Record Type Defect.
  6. Setup cross-server communication between  JTS and ClearQuest Web.
    • Adding as a Friend the ClearQuest Web root services on the JTS admin page.
    • Authorizing the provitional key (OAuth Consumer) on ClearQuest Web.
    • Adding as a Friend the JTS root services on the ClearQuest Web Server Friends List.
    • Authorizing the provitional key on JTS.
What i want to get is:
  1. To have a record type from ClearQuest that could be used as a task manager for RQM projects members. And those tasks should have the Links to the test artifacts that have to be accomplished by the members like linking to sections of a test plan for example.
  2. To have ClearQuest as a Defect provider, that could create defects from a test case execution, having the Link to that record test case execution.
  3. To have both records (task and defect) that could be accessed by RQM or ClearQuest on the Links tab of the record form.
I'm using ClearQuest Bridge because I won't use any CCM work item from Team Concert that have to be synchronized.

I've already try to link 2 different record types from ClearQuest to test artifacts on RQM, but when I try to save them, i get a error message. Like this one that is related to a test plan: "RequestError: Unable to load /qm/proxy?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fserver1%3A12443%2Fcqweb%2Foslc%2Frepo%2F7.0.0%2Fdb%2FSAMPL%2Frecord%2F16777897-33554746%3Foslc.properties%3Doslc_cm%253ArelatedTestPlan status: 400". Or this one that is related to an test case execution record: "RequestError: Unable to load /qm/proxy?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fserver1%3A12443%2Fcqweb%2Foslc%2Frepo%2F7.0.0%2Fdb%2FSAMPL%2Frecord%2F16777224-33554501%3Foslc.properties%3Doslc_cm%253AaffectsTestResult%252Coslc_cm%253ArelatedTestCase%252Coslc_cm%253ArelatedTestPlan status: 400".

So what are the steps that i have to follow?

Comments

Daniel Torres commented Jul 07 '15, 12:53 p.m.

Hi Donald, both links were shown on a message when i tried to save the Defect created on RQM. I tried what you said, and these were the results:

1. The first one: didn't show nothing.
  2. The second one: show the defect on ClearQuest, but that defect don't have nothing on the tab Links.
By the way, when i try to Link a task record to an RQM project on ClearQuest, going to Links tab, selecting Artifact related - New Test Case, and selecting the RQM project, at first it shows a message asking to give permission to ClearQuest Web consumer, so I choose yes, and then nothing happened, then I try to do it again and nothing happen at all.
Also I tried with the other option selecting Artifact related - New Change Request Related, and selecting the RQM project, then it shows a list: New defect, New plan element, New task and New change requirement request, but selecting any of them I get this messageĀ "No inline editor presentation has been defined for this type of work item."

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 07 '15, 8:20 p.m.
The last bit is probably the giveaway. This sounds like a known issue raised quite some time ago.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/62346/rtc-customization-issue-inline-editor-in-rtc-rqm-integratio
Since I cannot see any solutions in that post, I suggest you contact Support to get it investigated.
Do post back when you get it working eventually.

permanent link
Daniel Torres (7610) | answered Jul 13 '15, 1:19 p.m.
 I got solved the problem ... not exactly found the cause, but I tried with a different version of ClearQuest (8.0.1) and also with OSLC Links (1.2), and then follow again the same steps of linking Quality Manager project area with a ClearQuest record and could register a defect inside a test execution on Quality Manager, getting the rights links (test plan, test case, test case result) automatically on the tab Links of the Defect related, and the right link to the defect on the failed step on Quality Manager.

So I got Quality Manager 5.0.2 working fine with ClearQuest 8.0.1 and OSLC Link 1.2.

But ... I have a last request ... how can i see the list of records (created on ClearQuest) related to test artifacts on a Quality Manager project area dashboard? I tried adding a widget for defects for example, but it seems that don't recognize the defects I created on ClearQuest. Any last tip?

Thanks,

Daniel

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:03 p.m.
HI Dan-

You could synchronize the defect from CQ to RQM using Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters-Tasktop Edition (RLIA-TE) to see the full list of records. RLIA can also provide additional traceability between Q and RQM. You can learn more about RLIA-TE here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd/solutiondetails.do?&solution=46335&lc=en

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
Thanks and Best
b

Beth Beese 
| Business Development Manager | Tasktop Technologies
phone: 647-938-3759
| web: task top.com | skype: beth.beese-tasktop

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.