It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can I just install just applications, not jazz server

john norris (20733844) | asked Jul 06 '15, 8:30 a.m.
edited Jul 09 '15, 10:07 a.m. by Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan (2512)
Hi,
we have App Scan which uses the Jazz server. I was wondering if it was possible to just install RTC, RQM, DNG without installing another Jazz (or overwriting the existing server). Of course could install on another machine but the AppScan server is there and under used.
Regards,
John

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 06 '15, 10:11 a.m.
edited Jul 06 '15, 10:17 a.m.
It is possible to distribute applications.   For example, our site has 6 Jazz Team Servers.  There are individual RTC, RQM applications installed and managed by one of those JTS.   e.g. (real topology example, artificial names)

• jts01 ( JTS )
    • RTC1 (RTC - separate application server )
    • RTC2 (RTC - separate application server )
    • RTC3 (RTC - separate application server )
  • rs -- Jazz Report Server ( in same application server as jts01 )
  • jts02
    • RQM1 (RQM - separate application server )
    • RQM2 (RQM- separate application server )
  • rs -- ( in same application server as jts02 )
Application server means one WebSphere profile or a stand-alone Tomcat.   One thing to note:  Since v3, each application (RTC, RQM, RM ) requires a JTS.   JTS can manage many applications.

Comments
john norris commented Jul 06 '15, 11:21 a.m.

Hi Kevin,
thanks for this. I am not sure quite what you are saying though. So I have a server with JTS on plus appscan. I would like to add RTC only and just wondered how I did that in the installation because I am pretty sure that installation manager is going to want to install JTS first and foremost. And I do not want to overwrite the existing JTS - just add to the application it services.
Regards,
John

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 06 '15, 11:32 a.m. | edited Jul 06 '15, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can select which applications you want to install. You can select where you want to install it to and you also don't have to install Tomcat again. so you should be able to install the CCM application without installing JTS. If you distribute your applications as described here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/StandardTopologiesOverview you do this on a regular basis.

Since I always know what I want to install and where, I don't know if IM complains if you try to install into the same install location that contains JTS already. I believe it should not.

Please make sure to have the same version for RTC and JTS. And do a backup before you do this kind of stuff in a production environment.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 06 '15, 2:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, this is supported.
See the on-line documentation for "Registering additional applications with the Jazz Team Server"
(e.g.: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics /t_update_register_additional.html&scope=null )

One tech note with some information on this is: "How to install and register a second CCM application to an existing JTS on Tomcat" http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21455538
Although this is for using Tomcat/Derby, it states:  NOTE: If you are using WebSphere Application Server, the same instructions apply once you have deployed the second CCM Server on WebSphere.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.