It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Custom Attribute for Test Suite Description

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Jul 02 '15, 9:52 a.m.
 Hi

CLM 5.0.2 is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2, database is Oracle 11.2.

In RQM I need to create custom attributes for Description field for Test Suite, Test Case and Test Script. Tex to enter for description is quite large and it consists of several paragraphs. 

I tried to create custom attribute for Test Suite from Manage Project Properties. It shows 2 types - text (small) and text (medium). I created attribute type as text (medium). When I enter content in description I am not able to save it, getting error. I want to know if there's any way to enter description.  Why doesn't RQM support a larger text field for Custom Attribute ?  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
NP

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 02 '15, 8:37 p.m.
Hi, Narayanan

There is description field in test suite, the custom attribute will be added into Summary section instead. It is not clear what you mean "entering content in description": is it in the built-in description field or you named the custom attribute as description? What error did you get? Please post a screenshot which would help.
If the error is related to limitation of the character length, we can not do much about it as it is how the current tool works.
One thing you may want to consider is to create a new section(rich text type) : Description and move it under the Summary section. In that section, you should be able to enter more contents.

Thanks

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Jul 06 '15, 5:43 p.m.

Hi Don

Thanks for your response. RQM Custom Attribute in RQM contains Attribute Name and a field to enter the value. By description I meant the field for attribute type text. Error was about the length of the field.

As you suggested I'll try to create new section for Description and move it to the Summary section.

Thanks
NP

Don Yang commented Jul 06 '15, 7:45 p.m.

Hi, NP

I am not sure if you mean you would move the new section for Description into the summary section or not. You can create a new section and move it to right under Summary section but it is not inside Summary section.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.