It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot upvote

Tiffany Pei (139523) | asked Jul 01 '15, 9:14 a.m.
Hi,
I was using Firefox browser on my PC. When I tried to upvote a post, I got the error "Sorry but anonymous users cannot vote. Please log in or create an account." What could be the issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jul 01 '15, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like that you have not logged in. Please login and try again.
If you have logged in and still get the same issue, then your browser might be old.
What browser were you using when you failed to upvote a post?
What version was browser?
Tiffany Pei selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tiffany Pei commented Jul 01 '15, 10:34 p.m.

I have logged in, my name was displayed at top right corner. The Firefox I used is ESR 24.

Howard Hsiao commented Jul 01 '15, 11:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Firefox ESR 24 IS old. The release date is September 17, 2013!!

Please use the latest stable release of Firefox 38.0.5 (at the time of this writing), which is release on June 2, 2015.
When something is not working in modern website, such as jazz.net, you should try to download and install the latest version of the browser as the first resort.

One other answer

permanent link
Adam Cruse (59159) | answered Jul 01 '15, 9:33 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '15, 9:33 a.m.
Have you ever been able to upvote before?

I believe I got this error before, if I remember correctly there's a requirement for this forum saying you need a reputation of 25 (maybe?) to upvote and "mark as selected answer". Once I hit this reputation level, that error stopped for me.

Comments
Tiffany Pei commented Jul 01 '15, 10:32 p.m.

Yes, I could upvote in my office but after I got home, I could not upvote.

Howard Hsiao commented Jul 01 '15, 11:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Tiffany, what is the difference between the browser you use in the office and the browser you use at home?
Do you bring your laptop home and use the same browser at home?

Tiffany Pei commented Jul 01 '15, 11:05 p.m.

I don't have a latop. I have a PC at work and a PC at home. The browser I used at work is Firefox 38.0.5 and the browser I use at home is Firefox ESR 24.

Howard Hsiao commented Jul 01 '15, 11:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That explained. Old browsers, eg Firefox ESR 24, might not work well with jazz.net.

It is always recommended to have the latest browser installed for security reasons.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.