It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defining a button through which user can open child window for creating defect, task etc.

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Jul 01 '15, 7:13 a.m.
 Hi all,

I'm using RTC in CLM 5.0.2 and i need to design customized change request management screen(WorkItem).

i want to create a button which will open a child window through which a user can create another new change request management item in a system e.g user open Change  Request Management screen and goto the separate tab where he.she click on the button of New RFC then system open new child RFC creation screen window from where he/she creates a new RFC workitem.

Waiting for the solution.

Regards,
Sajjad. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 01 '15, 7:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 01 '15, 7:35 a.m.
This describes something like you want: https://jazz.net/library/article/782 unfortunately It did not work for me when I tried on 5.x and I did not have the time to try to fix it.

Just Starting With Extending RTC?

If you just get started with extending Rational Team Concert, or create API based automation, start reading this and the linked posts to get some guidance on how to set up your environment. Then I would suggest to read the article Extending Rational Team Concert 3.x and perform the Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop. This provides you with a development environment and with a lot of example code and information that is essential to get started. If you have already done the Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop you can just perform Lab1 to setup your development environment for debugging.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.