It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why I can't link my TCER with the test Plan??

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jun 30 '15, 1:09 p.m.
edited Jun 30 '15, 1:23 p.m.

Hello,

I have linked my test plan with the test cases but when I Try to execute it, it doesn't allow me to select the test plan,

Using RQM 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 30 '15, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It sounds as if when you are executing your Test Case, you are selecting a TCER that does not have a Test Plan associated to it
Note: You can have your Test Case Linked with a Test Plan but that does not automatically link to a TCER (It all depends what you specified when you created the TCER)
Try running your Test Case and select 'New Test Case Execution Record'; the Test Plan list box should now be available

Ara
Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '15, 1:33 p.m. | edited Jun 30 '15, 1:34 p.m.

that works !! but now I'm not able to link my TCER with the test plan, is gray out, is there any way to link the existing TCERs to the test plan?

Ara Masrof commented Jun 30 '15, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

My understanding is that you can change Testplan as long TCER has not been executed, RQM allow this assuming you assigned wrong Test plan while generating TCER. Once execution is done it does not allow changing it. 

One other answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Jun 30 '15, 1:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Well have you created you TCERs in the test plan.  The best way to do this is to select the test plan and then the test cases and generate the TCERs in the context of the plan.  In that case when you say generate TCERs the Test Plan will already be filled in for you and if you have timelines in your plan then you will be presented a list of iterations to select from.

It looks like you probably created the TCER by going to the test case outside of the plan.  You can still fix this if you select the TCER and say edit and select a test plan and iteration. Once you have executed the TCER you will no longer be able to do this - you must do this before you associate any results to the TCER.

Hope this helps

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '15, 1:21 p.m. | edited Jun 30 '15, 1:22 p.m.

Thank you I followed your directions but I'm still having the issue when I try  to select the test plan.

See:

David Mehaffy commented Jun 30 '15, 1:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you see Ara's response below - I assumed you had the test case linked to the test plan - it will not show up there until it is linked to test plan in the section called test cases in the test plan.  Once it is there you should be able to edit the test record and assign it to a test plan.  You need to do that before you try to run it as you are doing in you example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.