It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tool Integration

Soo Yee Tang (4349) | asked Jun 30 '15, 9:50 a.m.
does DNG integrates with design tools (e.g. Rose, XDE, Enterprise Architect...) and development environments (e.g eclipse)?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 30 '15, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 30 '15, 11:05 a.m.
Doors Next has an integration with Design Management it is integrated with all the other jazz based products. Doors Next is completely web based, however. It runs in a browser. The integrated tool RTC has an integration with Eclipse and is targeted at the developers.

Comments
Soo Yee Tang commented Jun 30 '15, 4:30 p.m.

does this mean that DNG is not a suitable tool when it comes to development but rather RTC?

Soo Yee Tang commented Jun 30 '15, 4:37 p.m.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused now. As far as i understand, DNG is OSLC-compliant. Does it have the ability to integrate with other OSLC-compliant tool? Does this mean that DNG can integrate with RTC which has an integration with Eclipse?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 01 '15, 4:13 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '15, 4:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Doors Next is a Requirements Management tool that mature organizations use to identify and manage their requirements. Of course it is suitable for usage in development organizations.
Along with that you would need Change/Task Management, Planning, Source Control management, agile development. That is the domain of RTC. And you would likely want to do test management. That is done with RQM. All the tools integrate to allow all the different roles to do their duties and seamlessly integrate across the domains.

The integrations are based on OSLC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.