It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Do I Change the RTC Logo to a Company Logo

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Jun 29 '15, 4:24 p.m.
So I looked at some of the other forum questions, and this question was asked earlier.  I tried to follow the steps where you are to extract the IBM-logo.png from the net.jazz.web.app_<version number>.jar file.  This answer is older because I cannot find this "net.jazz.web.app ..." file within the plugins folder.  I am using RTC 5.0.2.  Are there updated steps that can be followed to find and then update the logo? 

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 29 '15, 8:36 p.m.
edited Jun 29 '15, 8:37 p.m.
You can find all the images in the .jar file under net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar/resources/graphics/. The specific IBM-logo.png is under net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar/resources/graphics/Footer/.

P.S. Not sure which steps you referred to. Did you mean this one?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21634120

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Jun 29 '15, 9:29 p.m.

Thanks for the reply, and yes that is the document that I searched.  But when I pulled the war file and searched for the net.jazz.web.app_... file, it is not there. 

This is the path I went:

Used unzip to open jts.war.  Opened WEB-INF->eclipse->plugins and found a bunch of com.ibm...jar files and org.eclipse....jar files  but no net.jazz.web.app...jar files.  Where is this net.jazz.web.app ... jar file located??

Donald Nong commented Jun 29 '15, 11:41 p.m. | edited Jun 29 '15, 11:42 p.m.

Ah...I misunderstood your questions. You can find the files as follows.

server/conf/jts/sites/update-site/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
server/conf/qm/sites/update-site/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
server/conf/rm/sites/com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.updatesite/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
server/conf/rm/sites/com.ibm.rdm.web.updatesite/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
server/conf/rm/sites/com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.web.updatesite/plugins/net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
Note that the first three are the same (for JTS/CCM/QM), and the last three are the same but different from the first three. I'm not sure why RM has this particular arrangement. After you repack/replace the .jar files, you need to re-provision the web applications for it to take effect, by doing "server reset".
https://jts_server.mydomain.com:9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset
https://ccm_server.mydomain.com:9443/ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset
https://qm_server.mydomain.com:9443/qm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset

Rob Olsen commented Jun 30 '15, 11:08 a.m.

Thanks ... that was it.  Appreciate the help!

Rob Olsen commented Jun 30 '15, 12:30 p.m.

Donald, you have been a great help and I was able to track down the logo, pngs and gifs that I was interested in.  So the last step, after upgrading those files, would be to rebuild the jar file, which I did and replaced it in the same directory that I found it.  But the reference article above says to rebuild the "war" file too.  These jar files did not come from the war file, so should I assume that I do not need to mess with any war file? 

As a test, I replaced the "logo-rtl-sm.gif" (under the net.jazz.web.app....jar file with a different file and rebuilt the jar file.  I replaced the jar file and then stop/started JTS.  My change did not work, so I guess there are some other steps that I need to follow.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 30 '15, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Rob,

You are correct: in 5.0.2 the plugins are not shipped as part of the .war file, so there is no need to rebuild the war.

You may need to force the server to re-provision to pick up your latest changes. Visit this URL for each application you are using (JTS, CCM, QM, RM)
https://<server>:<port>/<application_root>/admin/cmd/requestRest
Then, restart the server. You may see messages that the directories for each application are being deleted.

If that does not work, you may need to clear the application server cache.

Hope that helps,
Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Jun 30 '15, 4:41 p.m.

Thanks Ruby, well, I did get something but its not what I wanted.  I am now getting a blank log in screen with no logos!  Here is what I did:

1) I renamed my two png files to match the current RTC versions (illustration and ibm-logo). 

2) Rebuilt the jar file. 

3) Replaced the jar file in both jts and ccm directories. 

4) Restarted the server,  cleared cache and ran the requestReset (per above recommendation).

I then went backwards to see if I could get everything back to normal, and the log in screen is still blank.  You can log in, but no logos.  I am doing this all on a test system, so something is messed up.  Does it matter what version of jar I am using?  Are my steps above messed up?

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Jun 30 '15, 4:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The jar file needs to have the exact same name (including version extension) as what is being replaced. Do you see any errors when starting up --either on the Console or in the jts.log file?

What is happening now is that the cache has been dumped successfully, so your new plugin jar would be used. But there is a problem with the new .jar file (perhaps the wrong extension, perhaps something else) that is causing the blank page.

ruby

Rob Olsen commented Jun 30 '15, 5:41 p.m.

Well, the good news, things are back as normal.  Bad news is I didn't get anything accomplished.  Yes I have been using the same exact name as what was replaced

I ended up just messing with CCM and left JTS alone.  I can get jts/admin back as normal but when I got to ccm/admin I get a HTTP Status 404 error, "The requested resource is not available". 

Looking at the ccm.log file, I see these issues:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error converting plugin at C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_5.0.1\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\371\1\bundlefile.

Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.service.pluginconversion.PluginConversionException: Error parsing plugin manifest. Missing attribute "id" in element "plugin".

Donald Nong commented Jun 30 '15, 10:08 p.m.

Your steps look OK but it appears that you have messed up the jar file. To verify it, run the below command:
java -jar net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001.jar
If you get a message "failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute", the jar file is OK. If you get "invalid or corrupt jarfile" instead, the jar file is no good.
A couple of things to note when repacking the jar file.
1. Use a simple compression tool with "zip" format. Ideally you should use the "jar" command from the JDK (not included in JRE).
2. Make sure that it dose not contain the folder "net.jazz.web.app_2.2.200.v20140930_2001". In other words, the file "plug-in.xml" should be at the top level within the jar file.
Just to give you the confidence, here is what I have achieved. (The IBM logo on the left hand side is replaced with "jazz").

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Jul 01 '15, 2:47 a.m.
Hello Rob

For your requirement to change the RTC logo to a custom logo, you can also follow the approach of uploading css files in themes section for each CLM application:

You can refer the following blog which lists the examples where a logo can be modified either using a  'publicly accessible' image or an image file on a local machine.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/nfrsblog/entry/web_ui_theming_feature_in_jazz_team_server?lang=en

Regards,
Rohit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.