It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is RRDI officially dead? And will Rational Insight support configuration-enabled projects?

Eduardo Bello (4401922) | asked Jun 29 '15, 10:30 a.m.
 I know that for CLM 6.0, RRDI reports won't work for configuration-enabled projects, in fact there isn't any version of RRDI for that. My question is: Is this temporarily or RRDI is officially a discontinued product?

I did read that Rational Insight 1.1.1.7 is compatible with CLM 6.0, but its reports also won't work for configuration-enabled projects. Is there any plans to make it work with Global Configuration?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Jun 29 '15, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RRDI was never a "product" but an optional download/package provided and supported with CLM 4.x and 5.x.
Jazz Reporting Service is now being offered as the primary reporting solution now for CLM 6.x+
RRDI is not being provided as a package for 6.x BUT is not dead. The components that we supplied in the RRDI package namely Cognos BI, Data Manager and our supporting reporting interface are still going to be available but separately.
Cognos BI will be separate and the connector will be available here (see ALM Cognos Connector):
https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/releases/6.0?p=optionalPrograms

No we do not have support for configuration enabled projects yet at this time. We do have a Technology preview of our configuration reporting provided in 6.0 but it is Preview only and limited.

Jared Pulham
Product Manger, Reporting Solutions
Eduardo Bello selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eduardo Bello commented Jun 29 '15, 11:11 a.m.

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your answer.  One question, RRDI was "free" ("bundled")  for use with a licensed CLM. But I believe that now we have to buy Cognos BI, am I correct? And will Rational Insight work as well or just the Cognos BI?

Thanks,
Eduardo Bello

One other answer

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Jun 29 '15, 11:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
CLM licensed customers will be provided with an equivalent path for Cognos BI along with the Cognos connector. Customers will be restricted to CLM tools only and all other restrictions equivalent in RRDI.
Rational Insight 1.1.1.7 is also released and supports 6.0. RRDI customers are not given entitlement to Insight and would have to have existing purchased licenses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.