It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I delete a work item in the plan view?

Unknown User (2729) | asked Jun 26 '15, 10:11 a.m.

I have to delete a work item however the "remove" function is not active (in the plan view). What do I do about it?

How do I delete a work item in the Eclipse Client? The list in the Client does not correspond with the list on the web cllient?

Comments
Shawn Maclaga commented Jun 26 '15, 10:40 a.m.

Is the "Remove" function that you see as not active in the plan view really related to ranking?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 26 '15, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, in plans remove is only to remove the rank or the rank of all items below the item..

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 26 '15, 10:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you want the work item to no longer appear in the plan, or do you want to entirely delete it?
If you want to get rid of it in the plan, change the filed against and/or planned for value to something outside of the plans scope.

If you want to delete it entirely, you have to open the work item (outside of the plan) and use the delete capability, if you have the permission.

In Eclipse you have to open the work item and use the drop down menu to delete it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.