It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom attributes not being showed in work items.

James Cheung (671116) | asked Jun 25 '15, 7:40 p.m.
Hi all,

I have created several custom attributes and changed the presentation to show them. 1 of the 3 attributes is shown on both old and new workitems, but the other 2 of the 3 are not being shown anyway. I have tried to synchronize attribute, but still no good.

All of the three attributes can be selected in a workitem query. The default values of the 2 not-being-shown attributed are displayed in the query result.

Any suggestion to resolve it is high appreciated.

I wish I could have posted screenshot here.

Best regards,
James

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 25 '15, 7:44 p.m.

what is RTC version and any ifix applied? what type of custom attributes for both showing up and not showing up?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 26 '15, 5:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Where are they showing up? In Eclipse? did you add the presentations to the editiors?

James Cheung commented Jul 06 '15, 12:36 p.m. | edited Jul 06 '15, 12:50 p.m.

Hi Don and Ralph,

Apologized for the late reply.

1. My RTC version is 5.0.2 iFix006;
2. Yes, I added it to my presentation, so I see some of the custom attributes, but not all. Those I added previously can be seen consistently. Those added recently doesn't showed up. However, some of the workitems shows all of the custom attributes.

More information:
1. Those custom attributes have been set to Read Only = 'False' and Show Label = 'True';
2. When I ran a workitem query in Eclipse, for those work items containing the default values, the custom attributes are shown;

Again, I wish I could have posted screen shots to illustrate the situation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
James Cheung (671116) | answered Jul 06 '15, 2:07 p.m.
Hi all,

Thanks for the help. It was my stupid mistake.

The attribute not being shown was added to the wrong category. The attribute is used in a new work item type 'release_package'. I did a mistake to add the attribute under the default work item.

Not working/showing if I put the attribute under this default cateogry.
   <customAttributes category="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType">
      <customAttribute id="eistech" name="EisTech" type="idEisTechnology"/>

This is working now if I put the attribute under my own intended workitem category.
   <customAttributes category="release_package">
      <customAttribute id="eistech" name="EisTech" type="idEisTechnology"/>

The presentation editor showed the attribute regardless of the category. However, it won't be shown if it is under a wrong category.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 07 '15, 5:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good that you found it. It is just too easy to end up on the wrong work item type in the editor. Has happened to me too....

2 other answers

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412873) | answered Jul 06 '15, 1:55 p.m.
Hey , i have worked on custom attributes i suppose your custom attributes can be calculated values for example. So to show those custom attributes in all work items you need to save every work item and that attributes will start to be visible.
Try to save old work items with minor change like adding . in description. I hope this will help you

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 01 '15, 5:41 a.m.
When you refresh/reload (F5) the page of work item in a browser, you should be able to see the new attributes.

Comments
James Cheung commented Jul 06 '15, 12:40 p.m. | edited Jul 06 '15, 12:49 p.m.

Hi Taki,

Thanks for the help. 

The F5 doesn't help. I tried to synchronize the attributes too. The issue happens on Eclipse and on a new work item too.

Best regards,
James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.