It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fix the "Error instantiating the template" error when trying to create a lifecycle project

Roy Schatz (122) | asked Jun 25 '15, 7:25 p.m.
Using CLM 5.0.2 I am attempting to create a Lifecycle Project in Quality Manager (\qm).
My User ID has JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, and JazzProjectAdmins permission.

When I am trying to create a new Lifecycle Project I am receiving the following error:

Error instantiating the template: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://uat-clm-rtc-a.tu.gov.ab.ca:9446/ccm/process/templates/predefined. The response was: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.hide details
Error Stacktrace:

com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://uat-clm-rtc-a.tu.gov.ab.ca:9446/ccm/process/templates/predefined. The response was: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.DeployPredefinedProcessTemplatesTask.runTask(DeployPredefinedProcessTemplatesTask.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:48)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.app.tasks.util.ConditionalTask.run(ConditionalTask.java:36)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)

If this has to do with templates, how would I get the required templates successfully re-deployed? 
I see what appears to be the full list of lifecycle templates under /jts/lpa/templates. It doesn't therefore appear that they are missing.

Any suggestions on how I would be able to successfully create a Lifecycle Project?

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 08 '15, 3:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Roy,
In this case it is not the LPA templates that are failing to deploy, but rather that the LPA is making a call to RTC on the uat-clm-rtc-a.tu.gov.ab.ca:9446/ccm/ .and getting an 500 (Internal Server Error) code in the response.
First, make sure that URL is correct: RTC is running on port 9446 of the uat server.
Next, check the ccm.log file for that application for errors around the same time as the LPA error. That should give some idea about what caused the 500 response.
Finally, you could try deploying the predefined templates on the RTC instance to see if this gives an error, or if it fixes the problem in LPA.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Jun 26 '15, 4:51 p.m.
 Redeploy the LPA process templates by doing to 

https://server:port/jts/lpa/templates

Click Deploy Predefined templates. 

Note: This will overwrite any templates in the repository with same identifier. Current projects already created should not be effected. 

After that try creating the LPA for QM. 

Comments
Roy Schatz commented Jul 08 '15, 12:18 p.m.

I was able to successfully deploy the predefined templates.

However when I tried to create the Sample Lifecycle Project I did receive exactly the same error message again:

Error Stacktrace:
com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://uat-clm-rtc-a.tu.gov.ab.ca:9446/ccm/process/templates/predefined. The response was: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.DeployPredefinedProcessTemplatesTask.runTask(DeployPredefinedProcessTemplatesTask.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:48)

So based on this, unfortunately the redeploy of the predefined templates did not resolve our issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.