It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel and Word Importer - Menu Does Not Appear

Steven Bonsall (2112) | asked Jun 24 '15, 4:52 p.m.

I installed the RQM Excel and Word importers.  They appear as add-ins in both Excel and Word, but the menus do not appear.  The Jazz Read-Me file only addresses this issue for much older versions of Word / Excel.  I used the "...X64forDotNet45" installer packages

I have:

Office 2010, RQM 5.0.2, .NET 4.5.1

What do I need to do to get the menus to appear?

Thanks!

Steve

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 24 '15, 9:25 p.m.
According to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter, it suggests:

==
Starting from CLM 4.0.5, RQM Word/Excel importer starts supporting TLS 1.2. To use this feature, users need to install .NET Framework 4.5 or above, Microsoft Office 2013 and install RQM Word/Excel importer with the installer named RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45
==
therefore the installer
"...X64forDotNet45"  is not for office 2010.
Please uninstall it and then install RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi or RQMExcelImporterX64setup.msi.
If your Office 2010 is 64bit, then you can use RQMExcelImporterX64setup.msi, otherwise, please try RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi.

Hopefully this helps.

Comments
Steven Bonsall commented Jun 25 '15, 1:47 p.m. | edited Aug 30 '15, 6:52 p.m.

Don Yang,

Thank you for your response.  The part about Office 2013 is not mentioned in another version of that Wiki document.

I tried RQMExcelImporterX64setup.msi and got similar, but not identical, problems.  Then tried RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi, which appears to be working so far (the new Add-in menu item appears at the top of the page just like it's supposed to).  Next I'll try to actually import some data.

Don Yang commented Jun 25 '15, 7:39 p.m.

Office 2013 is added quite recently after ...X64forDotNet45 installation problem investigation. Unless your office 2010 is 64bit, you need to use RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.