It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to extract workitem state change historty data from RTC?

Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | asked Jun 23 '15, 2:36 p.m.
edited Jun 23 '15, 2:37 p.m.
Is there a way to extract history data related to work item state change in RTC.
We are looking to create a report that shows different states that a defect work item moved through along with the date when the state was changed.
We have a defect WI which has states like Raised -> Assigned -> In progress -> In Verification -> Resolved.
We are trying to create report that the turn around time between the defect was assigned and moved to In verification state. We are looking to extract data related to when the defect was moved to assign state and In Verification state.

What are the possible ways to extract these information from RTC?

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jun 24 '15, 1:58 p.m.
This post talks about using the REST API to retrieve history data:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88945/how-to-get-the-history-of-a-work-item-by-oslc

You can also refer to the API documentation to get the specific fields you need and filter the result set returned by your query:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI

Comments
Rohit Rishabh commented Jun 24 '15, 5:16 p.m.

Hi Brian,

Is there any OOTB reporting solution that provide history related reports. I do not find REST API as an easy solution to get the report we need.
Is there any guidance on how this type of report can be created in BIRT or other reporting tool like JRS?

Brian Fleming commented Jun 25 '15, 8:44 a.m.

The JRS Report Builder in 6.0 has both "Work Item History" and "Work Item State History" as top level artifacts to build your report off of.  I'm not sure if these options were in earlier versions or not.  I'd suggest experimenting with this to see if it meets your needs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.