It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Indicate Mandatory Attribute for the Next State. RTC 5.0.2

Abhishek Kumar (49622) | asked Jun 22 '15, 5:06 a.m.
 Hello All,

We have requirement to develop a custom linear process which is quite similar to waterfall model.

So, suppose we have 4 states with linear transition eg: (a ->b -> c -> d) and currently we are in state b which has some attributes which are mandatory for the state. the user must also see what are the required attributes for the next state.

Is there any way in RTC (programmatically or workitem customization)  so that we can display another * preferably with another colour as to indicate whether the attribute is mandatory or not in the next state.

Note: we don't want to see the attribute mandatory during the transition reason being the same user might not fill all the mandatory attributes.

Thanks in Advance,

Abhishek Kumar

3 answers

permanent link
Manuel Felipe Amaya (1321227) | answered Jun 22 '15, 12:37 p.m.
Ralph, hi.

I'm having the same problem, but I'm trying an approach based on a operation advisor.
I wonder how can I display the red asterisk when the state attribute is going to change? (as in Required attributes by type and state)

Thank you.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 22 '15, 1:40 p.m. | edited Jun 22 '15, 1:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This should answer all the questions, why you can't do it in an advisor:

A Custom Condition to Make Attributes Required or Read-Only by Role

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 22 '15, 6:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can use 

1. The advisors for required attributes by type and state or
  2. Conditions and the advisors required attributes for condition. 
Both advisors calculate the state to look at from the current state as well as the selected workflow action. If a workflow action is selected, the advisor uses the target state to evaluate what is required.

Solution 1 works that way out of the box. Solution 2 requires a Script or Java based condition. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization and  Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management and https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/a-custom-condition-to-make-attributes-required-or-read-only-by-role/ for more information.

I don't think you can look further ahead. There is no mechanism for that, I am aware of. 

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 22 '15, 6:22 a.m.
there is currently no way to show the required fields for the next state. Only this state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.