It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Burndown Chart - Ideal and Expected complete do not hit 0?

Matt Muller (59813274) | asked Jun 22 '15, 4:54 a.m.
edited Jun 22 '15, 6:13 a.m.

RTC Version 4.0.7

We have an issue with our RTC Burndown charts. When we disable Saturdays and Sundays, the ideal line (orange) and Expected Complete (green) no longer reach zero!

Burndown all days = Ideal and Expected Complete hit Zero ok.

(graph end date is 23 June 2015)

Burndown (disable Sat & Sun) = Ideal and Expected Complete do not Hit Zero?

(graph end date is 19 June 2015)

Iterations: Sprint (09-Jun-2015 - 22-Jun-2015)

Thanks.

Matt Muller

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 22 '15, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 What you should look at, I think, is if the closed work items have set the final time spent/time remaining so that there is no effort left. This does not happen automatically on closing the work items and I know that customers reported this and created custom behavior to make sure it is correct if closing (e.g. set time remaining to 0 or time spent to the estimated effort.

Comments
Matt Muller commented Jul 01 '15, 6:46 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for the Answer Ralph but looking into it,  I'm sure it's something to do with the:

Sprint End Dates,  Data Warehouse and the how the Report uses the "Select Days".  As it looks like the Days : drives the report scale Start to end and also the Points on the graph.

The Sprint ends on the Monday..  and the Data warehouse starts midnight and ends just after?

If you could separate the "days to plot on the graph" and the "Scale of the Graph" I think it would be ok.

Anyway not sure it's an easy fix as it's a BIRT report that woudl need to be customised.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.