It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Can I Tell Which Template my Project Area is Using and hwo to export it.

Arnold Fulton (1334) | asked Jun 18 '15, 4:11 p.m.
retagged Jun 19 '15, 5:48 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
I am customizing the process template.  I have 2 project area that I think are using the same process template. However, the two projects do not have the same work items, or custom attribute which I already created.   Also if I look at the template in the eclipse editor I dont see the customizations there.

3 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 18 '15, 7:29 p.m.
If you want the template to include the customization you have done, you should extract the process template from the existing project area, the below technote tells how to do that(export the template from the existing project area) from web client and the related information in the technote is for Eclipse client:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21959001

Hopefully this helps.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jun 19 '15, 5:48 p.m.
See also Exporting process templates.

Ken 

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 22 '15, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

You saidyou are customizing the template. This is done in the template editor, which is only available in the Eclipse client.  The client will show you the latest version, which would include all the customizations you have made. Perhaps the issue is you are not seeing the customizations in the *project areas*? If so, that is expected behavior.

Templates are used to define the initial process configuration for your project area. The configuration (permissions, preconditions, roles) is copied into the project area when the project area is initialized (this is usually the same time the project area is created).

After that, any changes made to the project area are not reflected back to the template. Any changes made to the template are not reflected in the project area. New project areas will pick up the latest version of the template (so, would have the changes to the process configuration).

You can determine what template was used to create a project area by looking in the process area editor. The "Process" section on the first page of the editor (in the web UI) gives the name, description and summary of the template. However, there is no version information, so it is not possible to tell what the template configuration was when the project was created.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.