It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0.2 on DB2 10.5 database: Error during JTS Setup, Configure Database, Create Table

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Jun 17 '15, 5:34 p.m.
Hello Forum members

CLM 5.0.2 is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2. DB2 10.5 is installed on the same server. Application server: 
Apache Tomcat. I updated teamserver.properties to use DB2 connection string with user=db2admin.

I am able to run DB2 commands for testing:
db2 connect to JTS user db2admin
db2 "create table t1 (c1 INTEGER)"
db2 drop table t1

On JTS Setup. In Configure Database, Create Table it gives error below:
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0256E An exception occurred creating content tablespace. at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.internalCreateDataTablespace(Db2Provider.java:396) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.createTablespaces(Db2Provider.java:366) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.prepareDbForInitialization(Db2Provider.java:315) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy67.prepareDbForInitialization(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractDatabaseService.internalCreateAllSchemas(AbstractDatabaseService.java:195) at

jts.log file contains these errors:
2015-06-17 14:22:37,207 [        jts: Database creation] ERROR y.service.internal.DatabaseCreationProgressService  - The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Insufficient authority needed to test case sensitivity of the database
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.CaseSensitivityValidator.testCaseSensitivity(CaseSensitivityValidator.java:235)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.assertCaseSensitivity(AbstractDbProvider.java:1448)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.checkDatabaseConfiguration(AbstractDbProvider.java:1440)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.prepareDbForInitialization(AbstractDbProvider.java:759)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.prepareDbForInitialization(Db2Provider.java:309)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-552, SQLSTATE=42502, SQLERRMC=DB2ADMIN;CREATE SCHEMA, DRIVER=4.17.28

3 answers

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Nov 30 '15, 6:12 p.m.
I've come across the same problem (CRJAZ0256E) using DB2 v10.5. As Don suggests, the issue was solved by assigning dbadm to db2admin (that's the account I specified in JDBC connection string).

permanent link
Narayanan Potti (27037279) | answered Jun 18 '15, 11:26 a.m.

PMR I had opened was assigned to Db2 Tools team. DB2 LUW expert assisted me with resolving the error. He asked me to execute these commands:

1. cd "C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN"
2. db2 update dbm cfg using SYSADM_GROUP DB2ADMNS
3. db2stop
4. db2start

Also he asked me to enable extended security on DB2 using these:

1. cd "C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN"
2. db2set DB2_EXTSECURITY=YES
3. db2stop
4. db2start

Aftre executing above commands I shut down Apache Tomcat and started it back. Then I was able to successfully complete JTS Setup, Configure Database, Create Table for JTS.

Thanks !
NP

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 18 '15, 7:36 p.m.

Thank you very much for sharing the info.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 17 '15, 6:20 p.m.
The errors suggest there is permission problem when creating tablespace.
How did you create DB2 database?
If you followed the below help:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_db2.html?lang=en
such as:
db2 create database JTS using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384
It means that you actually use the server logon user to create the database. 
According to
===
If you are creating the database with a user other than the user specified in the teamserver.properties file, you must grant DBADM authority to that user:db2 connect to <database name> db2 grant dbadm on database to user <user name> db2 disconnect <database name>
===
you need to run the above commands to grant the dbadmin permissions to the logon user
and also set the logon user to a member of DB2Admin group.
Then you should be able to create a new tablsespace now.

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Jun 18 '15, 8:54 a.m.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your timely response.

I had created a PMR with tech support and I am told the error occurs because the user id I am using in teamserver.properties file has SYSADM authority on DB2 database JTS.  The user id should only have DBADM authority.

I had run the command you gave to grant DBADM authority. I need to know how to remove SYSADM authority from the database. Can you please help with it.

Thank You
NP

Narayanan Potti commented Jun 18 '15, 8:55 a.m.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your timely response.

I had created a PMR with tech support and I am told the error occurs because the user id I am using in teamserver.properties file has SYSADM authority on DB2 database JTS.  The user id should only have DBADM authority.

I had run the command you gave to grant DBADM authority. I need to know how to remove SYSADM authority from the database. Can you please help with it.

Thank You
NP

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.