It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[JRS] Is it possible for an user to create a report that uses run time filters?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Jun 17 '15, 3:04 p.m.
 I'm trying to create a report in JRS that uses run time filters, such as the Out of the Box reports. For example, the "Test Cases por Requirement" report uses the project area as its filter.
However, I can't find a way to allow one or more filters to be chosen at run time in the reports I created. Instead, I have to define the filters while I'm building the report, under "Limit scope" and "Set condition" sections.
What I'm trying to achieve is to create generic reports that can be used for multiple project areas. So instead of creating a specific report for each project area/team area, I would like to create one single report that allows users to add filters per project areas/team areas at run time. is it possible?
Do the Out of the Box reports use a different technology? Or it's the same as the reports built by the users?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 17 '15, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
could you tell me what version of JRS you are using? I can then answer more accurately. Yes, the out of the box reports are different than the reports you build with the Jazz Reporting Service.  If you are using v5.0.2, there are some newer features you will want to explore with the 6.0 Release.
See the Jazz Reporting New & Noteworthy:
https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M11?p=news
https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M10?p=news
and so on.
For example, in 6.0, there is the addition of dynamic filters and the availability of Ready-to-copy out of the box reports which can use as a starter template for your own reports.
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Jun 17 '15, 4:51 p.m.

Hi Rosa,

I'm using JRS 5.0.2 (iFix005). So by your answer I assume that in 5.0.2 there is no way to use run time filters, except for the Out of the Box reports. I saw that the dynamic filters were released in the S9 milestone.
Going through the links you sent, I saw that in 6.0 there will be "Ready-to-copy" reports, which is also something I was looking for. Currently the "Out of the Box" reports cannot be copied and edited.

Thanks for the information!

2 other answers

permanent link
Shimon Nir (241116) | answered May 24 '17, 3:47 p.m.

Hello Theresa
Do you a step by step instructions how this is done in JRS ? JRS in 6.0.3 does support some forms of data aggregation but not enough so one needs to customize the SQL query. What I am looking after is how to define what is shown in the filter in this case so that I can run the same query in different projects .
Shimon

permanent link
Theresa Ramsey (1915) | answered Jun 18 '15, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 HI Andre,
For JRS 6.0, the dynamic runtime filters are available for any report you create in addition to the Ready to copy reports provided. When you create the report conditions, you define what you want to show in the Filter. You can lock the condition, make it optionally selectable (with defaults), or required when the report runs. We hope you find this new feature useful. Let us know!
Theresa 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.