It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage State & Phase automatically

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked Jun 17 '15, 2:36 a.m.
Hi,

How to manage state and phase in CCM automatically?
If I change the state of any work item then how it will automatically change the phase of that work item.
How to achieve above functionality in CCM?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '15, 3:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is a phase in RTC?  

Vikash Singh commented Jun 17 '15, 4:24 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

My query is can we map the state with enumeration values. I created one enumeration list and want to change the values of that enumeration on the basis of the value of the state. How to create this dependency with state. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 17 '15, 4:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As far as I can tell, you have two options.

1. Attribute Customization - Use a Java Script calculated value provider for the enumeration that looks at the value of the state and calculates the value of the enumeration. I hhave an example in 
    Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management that shows different images based on the state a work item is in.
     I am in doubt that this works well, because all you can see is the current state and not the state after the save. The action is only available to conditions.
  2. A follow up action on a state change that sets the enumeration after the save. See Setting up Rational Team Concert for API Development which refers to the RTC Extension Workshop which triggers a build. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ shows how to set attributes in a participant and https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/ shows how to work with enumerations.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.