It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 5.0.2: How to verify if "test fixes" or "hot fixes" are installed

Christopher Starr (44219) | asked Jun 15 '15, 11:25 a.m.
I am installing the latest iFix006 for RTC 5.0.2. The installation instructions indicate that "before you install this server patch file, verify that no other test fixes or hot fixes are installed. If other fixes are installed, contact IBM Software Support." 
QUESTION #1: *How* should I verify if "test fixes" or "hot fixes" are installed? 
QUESTION #2: If it is verified that only iFix005 is installed, should I still follow the direction "If other fixes are installed, contact IBM Software Support."? 
Thanks for any help/clarification.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 15 '15, 12:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Christopher,

iFixes for CLM applications (JTS, CCM, RM, QM) include code that will update the information in the Help > About box. You can access the information from the application's server page in the Build Information section, or from the About menu in the top right corner of the web UI.

If iFix005 is installed, follow the instructions in the readme.txt that explain how to delete the old patch file before installing the newer iFix:
 Verify whether the following directory exists: <server_installation_directory>/server/patch.
    -If the directory exists, back up and then remove its contents.
    -If the directory does not exist, create it.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Christopher Starr selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Jun 15 '15, 2:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The instruction "If other fixes are installed, contact IBM Software Support." is meant for deployments where you've applied a hotfix on top of an iFix, as the application of a newer iFix will potentially cause a conflict with that hotfix.  If your system consist of only the base product and an iFix I can think of no reason to contact support.

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jun 15 '15, 12:10 p.m.
To verify hot fixes you'd have to look a the <install>server/conf/APP/provision_profiles for "foreign" entries (APP being the context, ccm, jts, etc)  If you have done something like Install 5.0.2, run upgrades, give over to users, it is not likely you have any hot fixes.  I opened PMR to ask similar question and it was verified that absent hot fixes, follow the instructions in readme.

It might be also that the About this Application would show fixes other than interim fixes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.