It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtering Un-Testable artifacts with a Module View and Linking to RQM

Denise McLaughlin (49517) | asked Jun 15 '15, 8:56 a.m.
We are on CLM 5.0.2 iFix006.  I have create a Module view filtering out un-testable artifacts such as Headers and Actors.  I have created a Validated by link and linked to an RQM Plan.  When I run Reconcile Requirements in a Collection however, I am still seeing the artifacts that I have filtered out with the Module view.  My view is Shared and Not used in other Modules.  Is there a step that I am missing in being able to filter out un-testable artifacts from a Module?

One answer

permanent link
Adolfo Brandao (60148) | answered Jun 15 '15, 9:51 a.m.
Hello Denise,

Maybe you can create a collection with only the testable artifacts (without the headers and other untestable artifacts) and link that collection, instead of the module, to the Test Plan. 

Hope this helps.

Comments
Denise McLaughlin commented Jun 15 '15, 12:00 p.m.

Using a collection is certainly an option but since a Module was already created we wanted to use the functionality as documented with a Module View.

What I have found is that after creating a Module View, filtering out the un-testable artifacts, if you link from the RQM test plan to the Collections it will display the Module View and you can then select that. 

Previously I was doing the linking from RDNG to RQM and not getting the desired results but, linking from the RQM test plan to RDNG is working as expected.

Adolfo Brandao commented Jun 15 '15, 12:12 p.m.

Hummm, understand. Very nice, then. Thank you for sharing!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.