It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the CLM template creates multiple RTC instances

Guy Slade (64158) | asked Jun 11 '15, 2:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi
We recently moved from 4.0.3 to 5.0.2 and I have notice that when a new CLM application is created using the "Quality Professional, Analyst, developer" template it results in three RTC instances being created instead of the one I am use to seeing.
Can someone explain to me or point me to some documentation that explains the rational behind this and some description on what each RTC instance is envisioned to be used for

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 11 '15, 2:33 p.m.
 This sounds more than a bug than as a feature.

Btw. I always create the RTC project in RTC itself, because there I can create an unconfigured project and set process inheritance correctly. In LPA I only say use existing PA.

Regards
Guido

Comments
Guy Slade commented Jun 11 '15, 2:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure it is a bug. The instances of RTC are related to either RQM or RRC for specific associations and the the RTC instance has been named the same as the association. There is too much going on here for it to be a bug.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 12 '15, 12:58 a.m. | edited Jun 12 '15, 12:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've never seen 3 RTC instances created from any of the pre-defined LPA templates, so if nobody has modified that template, it sounds like a bug to me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.