It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure P2 workspace

Marc van Lint (852128) | asked Jun 11 '15, 7:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ive got RIT installed with the RTC P2 client.

1 - How to define the workspace for the P2 client on startup (not using the GUI option).
2 - Where is the information stored of the connected project area's. Which file(s)?

I'm investigating a issue where the P2 client does not show the whole WI gui. It seems to have it's cause in the fact that directories are on a mapped drive. Hence my redefinition so I can point to a local drive.

Thanks, Marc

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jun 11 '15, 8:36 a.m.
Hi Marc,
Answers on your questions:

1 - How to define the workspace for the P2 client on startup (not using the GUI option).
You must open <eclipse-install>/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs file and modify SHOW_WORKSPACE_SELECTION_DIALOG to false and set appropriate RECENT_WORKSPACES

2 - Where is the information stored of the connected project area's. Which file(s)?
It is stored in <eclipse-workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/.com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.prefs directory.

Let us know if that helps.

Comments
Marc van Lint commented Jun 24 '15, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I and Windows can't find on the system:

• <eclipse-install>/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs file
  • SHOW_WORKSPACE_SELECTION_DIALOG variable
  • com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.prefs file
The P2 is used in combination with Rational Integration Tester.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.