It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy RQM project artifacts to another project in a different server

Rakel Alvarez (613) | asked Jun 10 '15, 10:09 a.m.
edited Jun 10 '15, 10:18 a.m.
Hello everyone,

I'm using RQM 5.0.2 and I want to copy project artifacts to another RQM project (v5.0.2) in a different server. How can I do it?

I've tried RQMCopyUtility 5.0.2 but I get the following error message:

jun 10, 2015 4:12:26 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logInfo
INFORMACIËN: Starting processing of artifact type: attachment
INFORMACIËN: Reading feed for artifact type: attachment
INFORMACIËN: Error received: 400, retry #: 0
jun 10, 2015 4:12:29 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logInfo
INFORMACIËN: Error received: 400, retry #: 1
jun 10, 2015 4:12:32 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError

If I skip this error with -i option, another artifact type is mentioned.

Thank you in advance,

Rakel

3 answers

permanent link
Rakel Alvarez (613) | answered Jun 11 '15, 6:29 a.m.
edited Jun 11 '15, 6:34 a.m.
HI Brett,

I've copied a test plan with its test suites, test cases and test scripts from one project to other on the same server using the following syntax.

java -jar RQMCopyUtility.jar -s="https://serverX:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Prueba+A" -us=xxx -pws=xxx -d="https://serverX:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Prueba+B" -a=testplan -id=urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:12.

But I've a requirement link in one of the test cases and this requirement link is not copied to the other project. I've read on the documentation RQMCopyUtility that it's a limitation. Is there a way to copy those links from one project to other?

Thanks in advance,
Rakel

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Jun 10 '15, 2:02 p.m.
Hi Rakel,

Can you please provide the exact syntax you using?

Also, have you tried to only copy a single artifact type, e.g. all test test cases or even a single artifact? I see if you have tired to use -i to ignore types but you might first simply the copy instead of the full, deep copy.

You can find syntax for copying a single artifact RQMCopyUtility

You  might also try the same copies to a test project on on the same server, ensure that is working, then do the copy to the other server.

Finally, are both source and destination servers at 5.0.2?

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Jun 11 '15, 10:01 a.m.
Hi Rakel,

I am fairly certain you will to use the OSLC API as discussed in this forum post https://jazz.net/forum/questions/164490/copy-requirement-links-in-a-test-case-via-oslc-api but I will confirm. What requirements provider are you using?

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.